We have sent the following email out to all of our registered Summer guests to let them know our procedures and expectations due to Covid 19:
To our valued guests,
It was with great excitement and careful preparations that we opened Glen Echo Cottages as of June 11, 2020.
Rest assured that we are taking the utmost care in following protocols for the safety and comfort of our guests and our staff.
We would like to share some of the procedures we have implemented due to this pandemic:
- A week prior to your arrival, we will be sending out an email asking that every member of your group answer the following questions:
1) Have you traveled outside of Canada in the last 14 days?
2) Are you currently under mandatory quarantine as a result of recent travel or by orders of your public health authorities?
3) Have you been identified as a close contact to an individual diagnosed with COVID-19?
4) Do you have a fever and cough?
5) Are you having difficulty breathing or feel any discomfort in your chest?
If anyone answers yes to any of the above questions, please don’t allow that person to visit, or contact us to postpone your trip.
- For the safety of all. Our guests will not be allowed any visitors this season
- Only 1 person is allowed in the office at a time
- Hand sanitizer @ front reception to be used upon entry
- Point of Sale wiped down with disinfectant after each use
- All housekeepers will be wearing face masks and gloves
- Where possible we have put lounge chairs by the cottages so people can physically distance themselves (minimum 6 feet)
- Disinfectant spray and rags are being left @ the waterfront for parents to wipe down canoe, kayaks and pedal boats before and after each use
Our enhanced cleaning procedures:
All bed linen continues to be washed in hot water and bleach between each visit.
Prior to your arrival, we will ensure all of the following surfaces in your cottage are disinfected with a CDC approved cleaning product:
Faucets Toilet/toilet handle
Kitchen counters Cupboard handles
Remotes Light switches
Window latches Bunk bed ladders
All handles BBQ
Patio table and chairs Broom handles
All other touch surfaces we can think of:)
We will continue to spray all cloth furniture and drapes with Lysol disinfectant spray.
Boats: We will continue to pressure wash all boats between visits. We shall also wipe all switches and high touch surfaces with disinfectant.
We have purchased new life jackets so we can rotate them from week to week. This way no one will be using a life jacket that was used by the group who was here the week before.
We ask that parents bring their own personal life jackets for their children.
We have the following expectations of our guests:
- All guests are expected to practice personal hygiene and wash their hands frequently.
- All guest are to comply with the gathering restrictions and social distancing requirements as set out by public health officials.
- All guests agree to comply with the emergency orders set forward by the Province of Ontario
- All guests are to wear masks when social distancing requirements cannot be met
- Guests are to be respectful of the space of others around them.
If any guest begins to feel ill, the guest must self-isolate in the cottage and advise management of their symptoms immediately.
We strongly suggest that our guests bring the following:
- Personal supply of hand sanitizer and/or disinfectant wipes
- Your own face masks
Due to these unprecedented times we are asking all guests to adhere to check-in time.
In order for us to remain open we are relying on our guests to follow the above procedures.
We look forward to welcoming you to Glen Echo Cottages.
Scott & Christine Nelson
Glen Echo Cottages